3D Animation Technology
The 3-D Animation Technology Program is designed to prepare students for employment as Animators, Multimedia Artists and related work. This program also provides supplemental training for persons previously or currently employed in this occupation.
This program offers a broad foundation of traditional and current processes to prepare students for employment in digital media, news media and multimedia positions. The content includes practical experiences in 3-D Animation design and production. Specialized skills including video editing, audio features, and animation and authoring software are used to produce a variety of multimedia productions.
This program focuses on broad, transferable skills and stresses understanding and demonstration of the following rudiments of the digital media/multimedia industry: production planning, elements of production design, storyboarding, integration of video, graphics, animation, and audio elements into new media projects/productions, and collaboration/teamwork. Laboratory activities are an integral part of this program and include the use of keyboarding systems, computer systems and digital equipment for storage, scanning, retrieval, presentation, CD recording, video recording and printing purposes.
- 16 years of age or older and not currently enrolled in any K-12 program
- Occupational Interest
- Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Monday – Thursday from 6:00 p.m. to 10:15 p.m.
The entire program is 1050 clock hours, but students can earn a certificate at the completion of the following OCPs:
OCP A – 3-D Animation Production Assistant: 150 hours
OCP B – Modeler: 300 hours
OCP C – Texture Artist/Rigger: 300 hours
OCP D – Animator/Motion Capture Technician: 300 hours
Students are expected to complete program competencies.
The minimum basic-skills grade levels required for awarding a Full Program Completion Certificate are 10th grade in Math, Reading, and Language on the TABE Test, or passing of an Industry Certification Exam. Additional information can be provided by student services.
- 3-D Animation Production Assistant
- Texture Artist
- Animator – Motion Capture Technician
According to the 2017 Bureau of Labor Statistics the median pay for a Graphic Designer was $48,700 or $23.41 per hour.
- In-state residents – $2.56 per hour (Subject to change)
- Out of state resident – $10.25 per hour (subject to change)
- $15.00 application fee per trimester
- Material fee – Varies by program
- Identification fee – $5.00 per trimester
- Liability insurance fee – Varies by program
- Students must purchase books/kits and or uniforms, if applicable.
RMEC & TC adheres to a policy of non-discrimination and strives to provide equal opportunity to all potential students.