ROBERT MORGAN EDUCATIONAL CENTER AND TECHNICAL COLLEGE
– ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS –
Robert Morgan Educational Center and Technical College admits individuals on a nondiscriminatory basis who are 16 years of age or older and not currently enrolled in any K-12 program.
NOTE: FOR DETAILED ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR SPECIFIC PROGRAMs: SEE PROGRAM SECTION OF THE SCHOOL CATALOG. SOME PROGRAMS HAVE ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS.
– ADMISSION PROCEDURES –
STEP ONE – ENROLLMENT
- Interview with a counselor
- Complete M-DCPS on-line application on computers located in the Student Services waiting area.
STEP TWO – ASSESSMENT TESTING
- All students must complete the TABE Test. TABE Test scores are valid for two years. Please see the school catalog for a complete list of acceptable exemptions.
- The TABE test is a 3.5-hour test.
- Bring a photo ID and Student information printout to the Testing Center.
- We recommend that our review the Preparing for the TABE booklet prior to testing, which is available on our website.
STEP TWO – SEE A COUNSELOR AFTER TESTING
- Counselors will review your results and complete final enrollment documents including the Postsecondary Form.
- If you are applying for Financial Aid, visit the Financial Aid Office. If not, skip step 4 and proceed to step 5.
STEP TWO – APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID
- Apply online at www.fafsa.ed.gov (RMEC & TC Code – 016919).
- Only after the FAFSA has been successfully processed can the Financial Aid Office determine eligibility Be prepared to document – if selected for verification. Examples: IRS tax transcript, SSI income, SNAP benefits, IRS transcripts can be ordered online at irs.gov
- Bring the Postsecondary Form and all documentation utilized for completing the FAFSA application with you. Eligibility will be determined once ALL required documentation is verified.
- Once verified, your award package will be completed, and a deferment may be issued for registration.
STEP TWO – CONGRATULATIONS! YOU ARE NOW READY TO REGISTER!
- Acceptable forms of payment are as follows: Cash, Visa, MasterCard, money order and/or cashier’s check. An applicable Financial Aid deferment is also accepted.