Network Support Services
The Network Support Services program focuses on broad, transferable skills and stresses understanding and demonstration of the Information Technology Industry, planning, management, finance, technical and product skills, underlying principles of technology, labor issues, community issues and health, safety and environmental issues.
The course content includes:
- Employability Skills
- Security and Safety
- An Introduction to Computer Components
- Laptops and Portable Devices
- Wireless Connectivity
- Environmental Concerns
- Diagnostic Tools
- General Networking Theory
- Advance Networking Concepts
- Hands-On Introduction to Network Security
- Human Relations
Supplemental training is also available for persons previously or currently employed in this occupation
- 16 years of age or older and not currently enrolled in any K-12 program
- Occupational Interest
- Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday from 5:00 p.m. to 10:20 p.m.
The entire program is 1050 hours, but students can earn a certificate at the completion of the following OCPs:
OCP A – Information Technology Assistant: 150 hours
OCP B – Computer Support Assistant: 150 hours
OCP C – Network Support Help Desk Assistant: 50 hours
OCP D – Network Support Administrator: 150 hours
OCP E – Senior Network Administrator: 150 hours
OCP F – Wireless Network Administrator: 150 hours
OCP G – Data Communications Analyst: 150 hours
Minimum basic-skills grade levels required for awarding a Full Program Completion Certificate are 9th grade in Math, Reading, and Language on the TABE Test; or passing the Industry Certification. Additional information can be provided by student services.
Students are expected to complete program competencies.
- Computer Support Specialist
- Network Support Administrator
- Wireless Network Administrator
- Computer Support Assistant
According to the 2017 Bureau of Labor Statistics the median pay for a Computer Support Specialist was $52,810 or $25.39 per hour.
- In-state residents – $2.56 per hour (Subject to change)
- Out of state resident – $10.25 per hour (subject to change)
- $15.00 application fee per trimester
- Material fee – Varies by program
- Identification fee – $5.00 per trimester
- Liability insurance fee – Varies by program
- Students must purchase books/kits and or uniforms, if applicable.
RMEC & TC adheres to a policy of non-discrimination and strives to provide equal opportunity to all potential students.